March 24, 2012

doctor, doula, midwife???

so we recently after MUCH (4.5 years) of talking finally agreed on having a midwife for this pregnancy!!!! now I know what your thinking - "flowery skirt, dreadlocks, unshaved armpits & legs, no drugs...." and so forth. NO!!!!! that's not the case, although my midwife did chuckle when I explained to her why my husband is against this....my midwife or should i say midwives are no different than you & I, except they get to deliver babies for a living. They are not pushing me to have a home birth - but I am going to have another drug-free labor. I will be delivering in Chilliwack as well. so *if* something is to happen, we are in the hospital already.

I was looking at our calendar and scared myself!!!!! there is only 13 or less weeks in this pregnancy, where has the time gone???? I think that I am the least ready for this baby than I have ever been. As he is the closest to "summer" we need to pick up some baby summer clothes for him. We are cloth diapering him from birth so I need to pick up a few more newborn diapers, I hope that he isnt small or it will be forever until he fits the cloth diapers I have that he will be sharing with Vanessa. 


No comments: