March 26, 2011

34 weeks pregnant

wow. I am already 34 weeks pregnant. its been a long 34 weeks. I can't believe it. So at 28 weeks my family dr put me on bedrest as I started having contractions and dialted (only 1 cm). At that point my dr didn't say it was too serious. At my 30 week appointment he said that I should take it even easier than before as my body was preparing for labor. Also at my 28 week appointment my dr mentioned that little girl is head down & engaged

Fast foward to 32 weeks, after 2 trips into the hospital to have a NST, all was fine, just her head is engaged even more than it was at 28 weeks. As of this appointment I am 2cm dialted, and limited to 3 hours on my feet. 3 hours on my feet with 3 high energy boys under the age of 6 DOESN'T work for me!!! Nor does it work for Karl. So as much as I would like to say that I tried to stay off my feet, I couldn't. I have a household to run, 3 kids to take care of, meals to make.

Thankfully I have a wonderful friend who made us 33 freezer meals. And we hired a lady to help in the house every 2 weeks. She does the floors & bathrooms for me. Its quite helpful.

Karl has been such a trooper during this time. I feel bad for him. But what am I supposed to do? My hips are super sore, my feet/ankles are swollen. Sigh the joys of pregnacy.

So now I am 34 weeks pregnant and it has really hit that I am going to have a little GIRL in 6 weeks or so.

I've gained a total of 22 lbs so far this pregnancy. I'm quite impressed with my weight gain, as with Colin I gained QUITE a bit, with Dallen I gained just under 40lbs. so I am happy that at this point (yes with 6 weeks to go) I have only gained 22 lbs - it will make it that much easier for me to lose the weight after she is born.

No comments: